Monday, September 8, 2008

One More Thing...


I forgot to mention that we secured my principal's approval to have a field trip at the end of they year--an overnight one to Pierre. The kids will be stoked, I am sure, but the reality is, it's not where I want to go. I want to take them to the National Civil Rights museum in Tennessee. To see the place where MLK was shot and to see a museum dedicated solely to the Civil Rights movement would be SO powerful. But the truth is--I am afraid. I am afraid we wouldn't raise the money--it would be SO expensive. I am afraid that I would get their hopes up only to dash them. I afraid of so many thing. But what would it mean to the children? None of them have left the state since infancy. Most have never gone off the Rez aside from Rapid City. It would be so powerful.

I really need to pray about this--to consider if it is a possibility. I think that it would change the lives of my babies. Please pray with me.

No comments: